Saturday 10 October 2009

!9th September 2009 Bynack More

I Munro and 2 Top's

The second time out on my new ankle. We had done Bynack More a few years ago with my mate Brian but were unable to get the tops done due to time constraints. This would also be a new Munro for Rowan.
Parking past Glenmore Lodge we walked along easy tracks to Bynack Stables, sadly not a trace remains. Mind you it was just being treated as a toilet! Continuing along the Lairig an Laoigh we made good time in spite of the strong wind that always seems to be blowing in that part of the Cairngorms and stuck off the path towards the bealach between Bynack More and Bynack Beg to bag it first. We got cracking views through the Strath Nethy. I tried to see where the El Alamien bothy is/was but could not pick it out. Not sure it is still standing though, more research is required.
After grabbing the top A'Choinneach we had a look at the Barns of Bynack. Lillian had a wee play on them; I gave it a miss and just headed for the main top of Bynack More. From there it was back to the car park and the pub, Wildcat was the brew of choice today. Today’s total of 26km and 1580m of ascent, was at the limit of my fitness and stamina. I was barely able to raise my glass but it was well worth it ! My recovery continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment